Over $30 million worth of illegal cannabis was confiscated after search warrants were served across East Bay.
According to the Department of Cannabis Control, two search warrants were in Oakland and one was in Howard. $33.9 million worth of illegal cannabis and $68,841 in cash along with two firearms were found in the searches.
The first two search warrants were served by the Department of Cannabis of Control, while the third one was by the Department of Fish and Wildlife.
The following items were seized:
- 26,836 illegal cannabis plants valued at $22,139,700
- 2,720 pounds of illegal cannabis flower valued at $4,488,000
- 2 firearms (one AR-style semi-automatic rifle and one handgun)
- $68,841 in cash
- 7,113 illegal cannabis plants valued at $5,868,225
- 906 pounds of processed flower valued at $1,494,900
The California Department of Tax and Fee Administration also provides financial expertise to assist the investigation.