A Union City resident escaped with no accidents after his residence trigger on hearth Saturday afternoon, hearth officers mentioned. 

According to experiences, a single-family residence in the 2200 block of Gem Avenue caught hearth about 12:20 pm. Fire authorities had shortly reported to the scene and encountered flames and smoke coming from the roof of the house. 

The Alameda County Fire Department crews extinguished the hearth in 40 minutes. There had been no accidents reported in the blaze. 

The explanation for the hearth has but to be decided.