Angus Cloud died from drug overdose: coroner

1 min read

According to the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office, Angus Cloud died from overdosing on a lethal drug cocktail containing fentanyl, cocaine, methamphetamine, and benzodiazepine. 

On July 31, the “Euphoria” star died inside his family home in Oakland. 

Cloud’s death was investigated as a possible overdose and it was confirmed by a coroner. 

Cloud died from acute intoxication due to the combined effects of methamphetamine, cocaine, fentanyl, and benzodiazepine, the Sheriff’s Office said. 

Cloud was 25.

In July, the young actor was grieving his father’s death and he had returned to the Bay Area after burying his father in Ireland. 

Cloud’s mother dismissed rumors that her son’s death was suicide. 

“Although my son was in deep grief about his father’s untimely death from mesothelioma, his last day was a joyful one,” Lisa Cloud wrote. She said he spent his last day reorganizing his home and talking about how he wanted to take care of his sisters.

Angus Cloud put his head on his desk, which was filled with art projects he was working on and fell asleep, his mother said. 

He never woke up.


Charlene is a Bay Area journalist who hails from the small community of Fresno. Drawing from her experience writing for her college paper, Charlene continues to advocate for free press and local journalism. She also volunteers in all the beach cleanups she can because she loves the water.