Job title: C/C++/Systems Engineer/Integration Engineer
Company: Paul May & Associates
Job description: C/C++/Systems Engineer/Integration Engineer/Automation Engineer/Optimization/Space/Parallel Processing – San Francisco Area
Location is currently remote but the person should reside in the San Francisco Area. After Covid team may get together in the San Francisco area.
Salary – 120K to 160K possibly some flex
Company will not sponsor at this time
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering, with 5+ years of experience
- Understanding of CI/CD and test pipelines and Git environment
- Ability to custom compile Linux kernel and understand ARM booting processes
- Exceptional skills in C, C++, Linux Operating System on ARM
- Basic understanding of MATLAB or Python for integration of algorithms on flight software
- Willingness to learn and communicate with other disciplines and engineers on the team
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of electrical engineering principles, and periphery experience in FPGA design
- Some exposure to CUDA core programing and GPU parallel processes
- Familiarity with multispectral or hyperspectral data capture
- Experience with hardware development and testing
- Experience with remote sensing data
This is a small 20-30 person start up well funded, existing clients seeking a strong C/C++ programmer with some understanding of hardware at a low level as well be great if they understood FPGA and CUDA and GPU parallel processes but it is a nice to have not necessary.
Software engineers that are hardware adjacent.
Looking for an integration/optimization mindset.
How to integrate camera systems together to simulate a data stream.
Debugging systems/processes that moving payloads in space.
C/C++/Systems Engineer/Integration Engineer/Automation Engineer/Optimization/Space/Parallel Processing
Join us in integrating bleeding-edge hyperspectral technology to fast-moving commercial markets. You could be part of an interdisciplinary team that values independent thinking, technical creativity, and a sense of ownership for building a product that will be launched into space to support our planet’s energy infrastructure.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Design software architecture for image acquisition and processing onboard a satellite
- Integrate various sensor inputs and APIs from various vendors to a robust application that run automatically
- Work with algorithm team to implement onboard algorithms to high-bandwidth data-streams
- Develop our data ingestion and processing capabilities for satellite as well as aerial hyperspectral images
- Work with GPU cores to implement real-time corrections to image data
- Incorporate payload and spacecraft bus command and control schemes, and help automate customer tasking requests
- We offer competitive compensation and equity packages near multiple six figures
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, and vision insurance, with 100% premiums covered for employees and 50% for dependents
- Work From Home Mondays and Fridays
- Lunch Delivery Service (From the Hottest Spots in town) Tuesday to Thursday
- Occasional Happy Hours
- Commuter Benefits
- We like to have fun!
ITAR Requirements: U.S. Government space technologies export/ITAR regulations apply here, applicant must be a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
If you don’t have a resume I still want to talk! Shoot me an email to discuss!
If applying for this role – Please take each key point and provide number of years experience and what you would rate yourself, 1 thru 10 (10 being expert) for each key point. Send your resume and notes on the role to expediate our recruiting services.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 22:29:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!