Job title: Lead Software Engineer, Customer Service Platform
Job description: Grove’s customer service team (known as Community Happiness at Grove) builds the tools and platform supporting our national customer service team. Our team is typically based out of Portland, ME, and Mesa, AZ, but has been working remotely in 2020. In 2021, we’re spinning our customer service tools out of its existing team and launching a new group focused entirely on helping us innovate and iterate faster.
As the lead engineer on a newly formed team, you’ll have an opportunity to work with our existing tools team (who is focusing on other applications in 2021), help us shape and define the roadmap for our next generation platform, and work with our leadership team to help find and hire engineers who will work alongside you. While you will be hands on and responsible for helping develop software, our lead engineer role is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in exploring software engineering leadership roles in the near future.
You’ll also have the opportunity to help us architect the next generation of our platform, which will incorporate more sophisticated CRM capabilities as well as better support for light-footprint, work-from-anywhere tooling for our customer service team (called “Guides” at Grove) as we navigate a hybrid office and remote workforce. That means working with our cloud infrastructure team, IT group, as well as other software engineers to develop tools that support a wide variety of devices.
- You’ll be the lead engineer developing our new customer service platform, and helping us support our existing tooling (a hybrid of internally built services and ZenDesk.)
- You’ll get to help us define the engineering roadmap as we begin refactoring these systems, including defining how we incorporate more CRM functionality, our telephony systems, as well as our live chat tooling.
- You’ll work closely with our ordering teams to help define (and refine) the APIs that allow us to manage customer accounts and existing orders.
- You’ll work with our customer experience teams to develop self-service tools that allow customers to manage their own orders, as well as ensure seamless handoff of requests between customers and our agents.
- You’re fluent in Python, and familiar with the Django framework, and have worked on at-scale production applications in a variety of environments.
- You have experience developing and scaling service oriented architectures, from design through implementation and support. You get extra points if you’ve helped teams decompose monolithic code bases into services, and delivered those projects into a production environment.
- You’re comfortable working with a variety of relational databases, notably PostgreSQL.
- You get bonus points for previous experience in commerce, customer service, CRM, catalog, or warehouse technology.
ABOUT GROVE COLLABORATIVE:
Launched in 2016 as a Certified B Corp, Grove Collaborative creates innovative natural products and offers a curated selection of healthy home essentials like cleaning supplies and personal care products. With a flexible, monthly delivery model and a personal Grove Guide assigned to each customer, Grove’s platform makes it easy for people to switch to healthier, more sustainable routines. Every item Grove offers, both from their flagship Grove Collaborative brand and from exceptional third party brands, has been thoroughly vetted against strict standards for sustainability, efficacy and supply chain practices. On a mission to move Beyond Plastic, Grove is the first and only plastic neutral retailer in the world and is committed to becoming 100% plastic-free by 2025. For more information, please visit .
Let’s do this
We’re building a diverse and inclusive work environment where we learn from each other. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come join the community at Grove. It’s a heck of a lot of fun, and we’d love to tell you more about it.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Talent@grove.co.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 00:46:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!