Job title: Licensed Vocational Nurse – Home Health/Hospice On Call – Part or Full Time
Company: Pinnacle Rehab Staffing
Job description: We are looking for a full-time or part-time overnight (12am to 8am) Home Health and Hospice Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) for a high paying After Hours / On Call LVN position. The LVN will not have a patient caseload. The Licensed Vocational Nurse will simply be on call and only required to do visits in an emergency. We can consider nurses who can commit to at least 3 shifts a week. For full-time (5 days x 8 hr shift) the pay with the shift differential rate would be between $74,000 to $92,000 per year depending on the LVNs years of experience and years in Hospice, plus the nurse would receive full benefits including health insurance that is 100% paid by the company and 6 weeks paid time off. If the Licensed Vocational Nurse can commit to 5 shifts a week then the LVN will be paid a full time salary no matter how many visits they end up doing, as well as receive full benefits. The Part Time LVN must pick three of these five counties to cover: San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Alameda and Western Contra Costa Counties. Additionally, the LVN must be willing to cover any of the 5 IF the LVN covering the other territories is already on a visit and there is an emergency that cannot wait. The Full Time LVN must be willing to cover all 5 counties: San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Alameda and Western Contra Costa Counties. The Licensed Vocational Nurse is not required to have Home Health or Hospice experience, however the nurse must have at least one year of experience with adult or geriatric medical/surgical patients. The LVN needs to either have or be willing to get an IV/Blood Draw certification. This is a quick 36-hour course that is done on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday and the course is reimbursed 100% by employer. The company is known as A+ in the industry for caring about the patients– they run several programs that benefit the patients, they are very family oriented, and they are organized and logical. They cultivate a cooperative work setting. This company has been in business many years so it also offers job stability. All interested LVN candidates please answer the questions near the bottom.
Some of the Benefits for the Full Time Home Health & Hospice On Call LVN position:
- The pay is $35 to $44/hr depending on experience
- Health Insurances– Choice of 3 different plans with 2 different companies, which are 100% paid for the employee by the company!
- Dental 100% paid for the employee by the company!
- Paid time off– 27 days (so 5.5 weeks) in first year and 6.5 weeks after first year, and 7.5 weeks after 5 years!
- Short term disability 100% paid for by the company
- Long term disability 100% paid for by the company
- Retirement Plan with company match
- Electronic charting
- Life insurance– 100% paid for by the company equal to 1x annual salary
- Paid mileage paid at $.58/mile, which ends up being an extra paycheck at the end of the week.
- Continuing education benefit
- Phone provided to employee
HOME HEALTH CARE LVN JOB REQUIREMENTS: The LVN does NOT need home health or hospice experience but if the nurse does not have home health or hospice experience, the LVN must have at least 1 year of experience working with adult and geriatric medical / surgical patients in any of the following settings: rehabilitation Center / skilled nursing facility SNF, home health care / visiting nurse setting, rehab hospital, correctional facility, hospital / medical center, Intensive Care Unit ICU, Medical Intensive Care Unit MICU, Surgical Intensive Care Unit SICU, Definitive Observation Unit DOU, Critical Care Unit CCU, float / pool nurse. The LVN needs to either have or be willing to get an IV/Blood Draw certification. This is a quick 36-hour course that is done on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday and the course is reimbursed 100% by employer. The licensed Vocational nurse must have been trained as a licensed vocational nurse. The licensed vocational nurse must have a current LVN license in the state. This company requires a Flu vaccine and a COVID-19 vaccine. You may apply for the exemption.
*If you qualify for this LVN position and are interested, please put a note in your application with the following information:*
1. How many shifts a week are you interested in (must be a minimum of 3 a week. 3 shifts/wk qualifies for partial benefits, 4 shifts/wk for full benefits, 5 shifts/wk for full-time salary & benefits)?
2. Are you willing and able to work the 12am to 8am shift?
3. What days of the week do you prefer to work / are you available to work?
4. What times and days could you do an in-person interview?
5. If you are interested in Full Time please confirm you are willing to cover all 5 counties? If you want Part Time please tell me which counties you are willing to cover (must be a minimum of 3 counties): San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Alameda and Western Contra Costa?
6. Are you willing to do orientation for at least a few weeks on the day shift to start?
7. A Flu vaccine and a COVID-19 vaccine are required for this position unless you have a medical or religious exemption. Do you have or are you willing to get a Flu vaccine and a COVID-19 vaccine if offered a position?
8. Do you have or are you willing to get an IV/Blood Draw certification to be offered this position (This is a quick 36-hour course that is done on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday and the course is reimbursed 100% by employer)?
9. Please tell me about what recent hands-on experience you have doing skilled nursing treatments with subacute medical/surgical patients including complex wound care, medication management, wound vacs, patient education, and/or blood draws. Which of these skills have you done recently, where did you work doing these, and what approximate month/year to what month/year did you have this hands-on experience?
10. What is your email address?
***We will be emailing all candidates Licensed Vocational Nurse follow-up questions so please be watching your email that you used to apply to this position.
Other Keywords: Licensed Practical Nurse, Licensed Vocational Nurse, SVN, LVN, Home Health Licensed Practical Nurse, Home Health LPN, Home Health Licensed Vocational Nurse, Home Health LVN, Visiting Nurse Association, Visiting Nurse Services, VNS, VNA, Home Health Case Manager, Case Manager, Home Health, Homecare, Home Care, Home Healthcare, Home Health Care, Visit Nurse, Visiting Nurse, Nurse, Hospice, Hospice Services, End of Life Care, End-of-Life, Terminal Care, Terminally Ill, Palliative Care,Skilled Nursing Facility, SNF, Healthcare Center, Health and Rehab Center, Rehabilitation Center, Health Center, Acute, Subacute, Sub-acute, Sub Acute, Subacute Nurse, Sub acute care, subacute care, sub-acute care, Skilled Care, Skilled Visits, SNF, Short Term, Long Term, In patient, Inpatient, Emergency Room, Emergency Department, ER, ED, Hospital, Medical Center, float nurse, pool nurse, float / pool nurse, SICU, ICU, MICU, DOU, Intensive Care Unit, Medical Intensive Care Unit, Definitive Observation Unit, Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Critical Care Unit, CCU, Medical Acute Care Unit, Correctional Facility, Prison, Medical Surgical, Medical-Surgical, Medical/Surgical, Med Surg, Med-Surg, Med/Surg, Rehabilitation Hospital, full-time, full time, overnight, on call , after hours, part time, part-time, weekend
Expected salary: $35 – 44 per hour
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 23:26:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!