Job title: Senior Director, Visual Experience Design
Job description: Ripple is seeking a Senior Director, Visual Experience Design who will lead creative vision for the visual design team. Supporting a global brand presents significant challenges. We are seeking a passionate, creative, experienced visual experiences design leader to join our fast-growing in-house design team.
In this role, you will drive the visual design strategy and execution of the look, feel, customer interaction, and overall brand experience of Ripple’s marketing, experiential and communication assets.
What you might look like:
The ideal candidate will be a magnetic and inspirational creative leader who excels at recruiting and developing top talent, scaling a team through high growth, and out-performing the ambitious goals you set for your team.
- You are a holistic creative leader that exquisitely integrates marketing, experiences, brand and design.
- You have demonstrated ability infusing design at scale to create unforgettable, cohesive and compelling customer experiences. You have a passion for and proven ability nurturing in-house creative talent to produce amazing brand experiences across diverse mediums.
- You have experience building and executing upon holistic brand design systems that guide the creative development and execution of products and marketing campaigns. You are a visionary creative with a discerning eye for exceptional design and a strategic approach to developing new expressions of the brand and make them relatable to a broad audience.
- You’re a collaborator at heart and easily influence decisions at senior levels. You’re at your best in a fast-changing environment and an emerging industry with plenty of ambiguity and interesting, challenging problems to solve. You are relentlessly curious, take ownership, consistently push the envelope and challenge the status quo.
What you’ll do:
- Lead, mentor, inspire and grow a team of visual designers responsible for our brand, design system and customer experiences
- Drive the design process and develop strategies that will improve the customer experience at all touchpoints and enable our Sales and Marketing teams to use our brand and design as a key differentiator
- Support Ripple’s Marketing, Sales, Impact and People teams to develop and execute a variety of creative communication materials and experiences
- Establish a strong creative point of view that balances near-term brand design needs with long-term investments in system design and scalability
- Build relationships with leaders throughout Ripple to drive adoption of the design agenda and vision
- Develop and manage the visual identity and consistency of the Ripple brand and experiences
What we’re looking for:
- 15+ years of experience in visual design, brand design or creative leadership roles (B2B and/or fintech experience preferred)
- Outstanding leadership skills – leads teams to deliver on ambitious design/creative goals to support the business, inspires their best work, mentors and develops their careers
- Experience and enthusiasm about crypto currency and blockchain a plus
- Highly networked, easily attracts top design talent
- Smart, energetic and relentless in the pursuit of helping companies transform customer experiences and products through design
- Coherent philosophy of design thinking and customer centricity
- Developed sense of workplace empathy and a high level of emotional intelligence
- Serious attention to detail and a commitment to design excellence
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent at collaborating across all functions, with all types of people, at all levels and aligning teams around a creative vision
- A portfolio of work that contains examples of Visual Design and Creative Direction (please submit portfolio links with your application)
- This role is based in San Francisco and will initially be remote due to Covid-19; however, there will be a requirement to work in the Ripple office three days a week in September of 2021
What we offer:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders with a mission to create a financially inclusive world
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), fully paid parental leave, commuter benefits
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match up to $1,000/year through
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
Ripple enables payments everywhere, every way, for everyone using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, Washington D.C., New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavik and Dubai, Ripple has hundreds of customers around the world.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU applicant privacy notice .
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job date: Sat, 22 May 2021 04:10:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!