Job title: Senior QA Automation Engineer – Embedded Systems
Job description: About the role:
Samsara’s cloud-connected sensor platform collects observations about the world in near real-time. Samsara builds an extensive set of products, including battery-powered, wireless sensors, linux-based IoT gateways, and Internet-connected dashcams. These devices are the building blocks Samsara uses to construct enterprise solutions for a wide range of verticals, including commercial fleet management and industrial monitoring. Through a unique integration of sensor data such as GPS, acceleration, temperature, video, and more, we enable our customers to gain greater insights into operations, identify and eliminate inefficiencies, and react to alerts all in near real-time.
In this role, you will:
- Build and maintain test infrastructure (SW, FW, and HW) to perform manual and automated performance testing of our MCU based products. Emphasis is on standing up automation frameworks to augment/replace current test procedures.
- Use your passion for testing software, firmware, and hardware to stress our embedded systems and identify failure points to improve the design, reliability and performance of our products.
- Own the testing and validation of hardware/firmware platforms by working closely with the development team (FW, EE, ME, NPI) to define product test plans that ensure complete test coverage.
- Test and verify the quality of new firmware and hardware releases and then manage and monitor their rollout.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- Solid scripting and Python programming skills
- At least 5 years experience working as a QA engineer with emphasis on testing MCU based embedded systems
- Use of various test frameworks including pytest, buildkite, jenkins, etc.
- Experience building and maintaining automation testing infrastructure from the ground up
- Experience with/instrumenting test equipment including power supplies, power analyzers, battery simulators, call boxes, and GPS simulators
- Experience with standard lab equipment including multimeter, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, power supply, etc.
- Experience testing devices with wireless protocols including BLE, WiFi, LTE, and GNSS
- Experience testing battery operated/low power devices
- Experience interfacing with embedded systems’ command line interfaces and AT commands
- Experience defining test plans, triaging test failures and reporting result data and relevant metrics
- Experience with data analysis tools/packages such as SQL, Pandas, Databricks, etc.
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and develop innovative solutions
- Experience working in Linux and/or MacOS environments
- Be excited about sensors, connectivity protocols, distributed systems, and their application to solve real world problems
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job date: Fri, 10 Dec 2021 03:32:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!