Law enforcers are calling for the cooperation of the public in locating the suspect behind the shooting on Sunday at Florida club, which left two people dead and 20 others injured, according to Alfredo Ramirez III, Miami-Dade Police Department director.
Ramirez said that a few minutes after midnight, three people went out of a white Nissan Pathfinder up to the El Mula Banquet Hall.They had “assault rifles and handguns and started firing indiscriminately into the crowd.”
“The result is 20 to 25 victims with gunshot injury wounds, and two deceased on the scene,” the director said.
Injured victims were rushed to different hospitals and according to the police, at least one of them was in serious medical condition.
Ramirez said that the banquet hall and billiards club at that time were rented for a Saturday night event.
Among the families of the victims is Angelica Green, whose son and nephew have suffered injuries in the shooting.
Green on Sunday said that the shooters hit his son in the abdomen area. He underwent a medical procedure and is not in stable condition.
“However, my nephew was shot four times,” she exclaimed. Her nephew sustained three gunshots in the leg while another one was in the abdomen area.
“He’s not a statistic. He’s a graduate from college last year. So he’s educated. He was going out with his educated cousin to just celebrate the weekend, and they had not made it into the club as of yet,” Green said.
“They said that some guys, three guys that they noticed … they just started shooting … for whatever reason, we don’t know.”
The police department is calling for the people to give information regarding the suspects.
“These are cold-blooded murderers that shot indiscriminately into a crowd and we will seek justice,” police director Ramirez said. “My deepest condolences to the family of the victims.”
A $100, 000 reward was announced by Marcus Lemonis, TV celebrity and Camping World CEO, to anyone who can give information to catch the suspects.