Creamy Scalloped Potatoes are a young, creamy and so scrumptious comforting dish! The parmesan cheese provides such a tremendous taste with a slight crust across the edges.
These make such an excellent aspect dish! They go excellent with Classic Honey Glazed Ham, Garlic Butter Prime Rib, or Skillet Salisbury Steak!
Creamy Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes
These Scalloped Potatoes are going to change into an instantaneous favourite at your private home. They are SO creamy and scrumptious. And you will love the parmesan cheese inside. They are baked to tender potato perfection and the highest may have a scrumptious crisp parmesan crust. Then you dig in to the creamy, scrumptious and tacky layers.
Whether you’re making these for a special day, vacation or any household dinner, you will LOVE these! It’s excellent for any meal. They’re comforting and hearty. Everyone goes to like these tacky creamy potatoes.
Scalloped Potatoes Ingredients
- Butter: Butter and potatoes simply go collectively
- Flour: Acts as a thickener
- Salt and Pepper: Add roughly to style
- Whipping Cream: This will not be frozen whipped topping. You can use heavy whipping cream or half and half.
- Parmesan Cheese: Adds taste and texture
- Mozzarella Cheese: Such an excellent melting flavorful cheese
- Potatoes: I used Russets
- Chives: Fresh for garnish
How to Make Scalloped Potatoes
- Melt: In a small saucepan soften the butter over medium warmth and add in flour salt and pepper. Add within the whipping cream and stir until it begins to thicken. Then add in half of the parmesan cheese.
- Layer: In a flippantly sprayed 2 quart casserole dish, organize half of the potatoes overlapping one another. Spread half of the sauce on high adopted by 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat with one other layer of potatoes and sauce topped with mozzarella cheese and remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake: Cover with foil and bake at 325 for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for 25-Half-hour extra till the potatoes are fork tender and the highest is beginning to brown. Sprinkle with chives earlier than serving.
- Kind: Russet Potatoes or Yukon Golds ship one of the best style and form. Russets have probably the most starch and make the creamiest sauce, and Yukons have a tendency to carry their form a bit of higher.
- Cutting: Try to maintain the potatoes the identical measurement and slice them between 1/8 and 1/4 inch thick. You can use a mandoline or different device for even uniformity.
- Cook: Do not boil your potatoes earlier than baking. The sauce depends on starch from the potatoes to thicken it.
- Add ins: There are heaps of methods to diversify this primary recipe. Add garlic, diced onion, peppers, for warmth add a can of diced inexperienced chilies. You also can add crumbled bacon or small cubes of ham.
- Cheese: You can use totally different sorts of cheese for various flavors and textures. Experiment together with your favorites.
- Curdling: The curdling is brought on by excessive warmth. So to maintain the sauce collectively, it’s essential to make a clean cheese sauce as an alternative of layering grated cheese and milk or cream with the potatoes. Also don’t boil your sauce.
Storing Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes
- Fridge: Keep in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days within the fridge. Reheat within the oven.
- Freeze: If you propose to freeze the scalloped potatoes, the potatoes have to be faraway from the oven earlier than they end cooking to guard their texture. Once you freeze the potatoes, you could need to thaw them within the fridge or bake them frozen.
- Make Ahead: You can bake these forward of time and refrigerate the day earlier than then reheat within the oven for half an hour to 40 min earlier than serving
Need Even More Potato Inspired Side Dishes? Try these!
Creamy Parmesan Scalloped Potatoes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
Servings 6 People
These scalloped potatoes are tender, creamy and so scrumptious! The parmesan cheese provides such wonderful taste and these are a should make aspect dish!
freshly floor black pepper
also can use half and half
grated Parmesan cheese
shredded mozzarella cheese
peeled and sliced about 1/8 inch thick
- Snipped contemporary chives for garnish
Preheat oven to 325 levels. Lightly spray a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray and put aside. In a small saucepan soften 2 Tablespoons butter over medium warmth and which within the flour, salt and pepper. Add the whipping cream and stir for about 2 minutes till it begins to thicken. Add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
Arrange half of the potatoes within the ready casserole dish overlapping one another. Spread half of the sauce on high adopted by 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat with one other layer of potatoes and sauce topped with mozzarella cheese and remaining parmesan cheese.
Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for 25-Half-hour extra till the potatoes are fork tender and the highest is beginning to brown. Sprinkle with chives earlier than serving.
Updated Post on October 21, 2020
Originally Posted on March 23, 2019
Calories528kcal (26%)Carbohydrates32g (11%)Protein13g (26%)Fat40g (62%)Saturated Fat25g (125%)Cholesterol141mg (47%)Sodium703mg (29%)Potassium715mg (20%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A1481IU (30%)Vitamin C9mg (11%)Calcium258mg (26%)Iron2mg (11%)
All dietary data relies on third celebration calculations and is just an estimate. Each recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.
Alyssa Rivers – therecipecritic.com