The nominees for the 2022 Grammy Awards were announced by the Recording Academy on Tuesday.
The prestigious awarding is set to happen Monday, Jan. 31 next year, and will be aired live through CBS.
Some of the famous names made it to the nominees this year, including artists like Billie Eilish who seek to boost their cloaks with additional feats. Eilish was nominated seven times while Finneas, her brother and collaborator, also got the approval for the best new artist.
Justin Bieber got eight nominations while Bruno Mars enjoyed fame for his Silk Sonic collaboration with Anderson .Paak. In addition, a comeback to form for ABBA, with its track “I Still Have Faith In You”, competes for the record of the year.
Contemporary R&B fans need not be surprised that H.E.R, a soul singer born in Vallejo, received another recognition from the academy. H.E.R. won a couple of trophies in 2021 for song of the year, for her track “I Can’t Breath”; plus the best R&B song with her track “Better Than I Imagine.” In 2019, H.E.R. also became a winner for best R&B album and best R&B performance.
Here’s what H.E.R. was nominated for this year, as reported by SFGATE:
· Album of the year (“Back Of My Mind”)
· Song of the year (“Fight For You”)
· Best R&B song (“Damage”)
· Best traditional R&B performance (“Fight for You”)
· Best R&B performance (“Damage”)
· Best R&B album (“Back Of My Mind”)
· Best contemporary Christian music performance (“Hold Us Together”) (Hope Mix)”)
· Best song written for visual media (“Fight For You,” from “Judas and the Black Messiah”).
Apart from H.E.R. Saweetie, another artist raised in Hayward, was honored in the best new artist and best rap song (“Best Fried”) categories.