San Francisco Fleet Week set in October will be held in person this year after it was done virtually in 2020 due to the pandemic.
On Wednesday, the event announced four additional performers that will be showing off for the October 8 to 10 schedule, KRON4 reported. These include
· U.S.C.G. C-27/MH-65 Demonstration
· C-17 Demonstration
· U.S. Coast Guard Search and Rescue Demonstration
· P-3 and P-8 Demonstration
The event has already confirmed these nine performers that will be present at the event:
· United will fly the 777 in a fully choreographed demonstration making San Francisco Fleet Week Air Show the only air show in the nation to feature a performance by a commercial airliner
· The Blue Angels C-130J, affectionately known as “Fat Albert,” returns for first demo since 2018 and with a new aircraft
· U.S.A.F. F-16 Viper Demo Team
· U.S. Navy Parachute Team, The Leap Frogs
· Kirby Chambliss flying the Red Bull Edge 540
· Aaron Fitzgerald piloting the Red Bull Helicopter
· Red Bull Air Force Wingsuit Skydivers
· Mike Wiskus Lucas Oil Air Shows
· Greg Colyer flying his T-33 Shooting Star
The exemplary air event will happen between the Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge. Meanwhile, a festival hub for this year’s attendees, which will feature main viewing and waterfront accommodation, will be located at the Marina Green.
According to the U.S. Pacific Fleet, San Francisco’s Fleet Week is the most gigantic civic-backed event held yearly. Several people in the city are attracted to this open event in the Fisherman’s Wharf district that shows the Blue Angels, complete air show over the San Francisco Bay. Apart from this, ship tours are also offered all weekend.
The schedule of the celebration is from Oct. 4 to 11 with most of the highlights to take place on Oct. 8 to 11. This year’s observance marks the 40th anniversary of Fleet Week and celebrates the Bay area’s amusing naval tradition.