We are excited to announce that we are currently accepting applications for our Spring 2023 internship at SF Times. As a leading source for Bay Area news, we are always on the lookout for talented and motivated individuals to join our team.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented intern to join our online news team. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work with experienced journalists and gain valuable experience in the field. You will be involved in all aspects of the newsroom, including research, writing, and editing articles. You will also have the chance to contribute your own ideas and stories.
We are looking for applicants who are passionate about journalism and are eager to learn and grow in their field. If you are a recent graduate or current student studying journalism or a related field, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Hours and duration of this internship are flexible as per your requirement. It is unpaid, but offers benefits such training, networking opportunities, and access to a wide variety of industry software and tools. Job responsibilities can be tailored to the individual. The position is fully remote, but does offer opportunities for in-person event attendance and interviews. Applicants are required to live in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area.
- Research and write news articles for publication on our website
- Edit and fact-check articles written by other team members
- Assist with the production of content and media
- Contribute story ideas and participate in editorial meetings
- Attend press conferences and other events as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a journalism or related field
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Proficiency in AP style
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Passion for journalism and a desire to learn and grow in the field
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The internship deadline has been extended to January 31st, 2023. We look forward to reviewing your application and potentially welcoming you to our team.