Ten subpoenas have been filed by the House chosen committee probing the Capitol riot on Jan. 6.
These were targeted against the ex-Trump administration members like the West Wing aides as well as the senior officials who were present on the Oval Office premises and Trump’s office when the violence happened on Capitol Hill, ABC News reported.
Specifically, the book “Peril” by Bob Woodward and Robert Costa said the subpoenas were directed against press secretary Kayleigh McEnany, senior adviser Stephen Miller, ex-Vice President Mike Pence’s national security Keith Kellogg, personal director John McEntee, and deputy chief of staff Chris Liddell.
The final set of subpoenas brings to 36 all issued by the committee in line with the riot investigation.
The documents are being requested by the panel to be ready by Nov. 23. The recipients, meanwhile, are asked to attend a private confession scheduled late this month to the middle of December.
The committee issued six subpoenas on Monday to Trump’s campaign manager Bill Stepien and spokesman Jason Miller, along with the ex-President’s officials and advisers.
On Tuesday evening, a federal judge turned down the move of Trump to hinder the probe committee from securing documents from the National Archives. The records are being sought by the panel to investigate the ex-President’s efforts to reverse last year’s polls.
According to the opinion by D.C. district judge Tanya Chutkan, the decision of President Joe Biden not to force his executive opportunity over the records prevail over the personal contentions of Trump.
“At bottom, this is a dispute between a former and incumbent President,” the judge wrote. “And the Supreme Court has already made clear that in such circumstances, the incumbent’s view is accorded greater weight.”
Trump’s camp was fast to bring up an appeal of the said decision to the D.C. Circuit of Appeals.